Site-Based Expeditions Teacher School Year 2022-2023
Expeditions Teacher (Site Based) - 2022-2023Who We AreWhat if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!Summit’s Expeditions Program:The areas of study, or clusters, which students can explore include Leadership & Social Change, Health and Wellness, Media Studies, Technology, Business, and Art, Design & Engineering. Over the course of their time at Summit, students have the opportunity to explore passions across these clusters or to craft a pathway of deep study that may lead to an internship or independent study.In particular, our middle and high schools are interested in teachers who can offer courses in one of the following areas:
- Health Education or Fitness
- Computer Science
- Visual Art or Drama
- Spanish Language/Culture
- STEM Education
- Summit Expeditions teachers design and teach a high-quality, challenging, project-based curriculum that guides students towards explorations of potential passions.
- Summit Expeditions teachers facilitate learning experiences which lead students through deep exploration of fields of study connected to potential majors, hobbies and careers.
- Summit Expeditions teachers design and guide students through real-life experiences in the field, through guest speakers, field trips, and other connections to community groups.
- Collaboration & Professional Development - Twice a week, teachers participate in all-faculty after-school meetings where community decisions are made, professional development takes place, and faculty collaborates as a grade-level team or subject-level team.
- Mentor Time - Build deep relationships and a sense of community when teachers meet with their small group of mentees daily for their entire time at Summit. Daily, teachers meet with their mentor groups, work on Habits of Success as a group, and check in one-on-one with their mentees. Mentors coach and advocate for their mentees both inside and outside of the classroom, and strive to support them as they develop their sense of purpose as they become self-directed learners.
- See sample teacher schedules here. A student school day is around 8-8:30am to 3-3:30pm, depending on the specific school. Teachers stay until 5pm three days per week.