Site Based Expeditions Teacher 2020 – 2021
Site-Based Expeditions Teacher - 2020-2021Who We AreWhat if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills, and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. Historically, 98 percent of Summit graduates are accepted to four-year colleges, and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!Summit’s Expeditions Program:The areas of study, or clusters, which students can explore include Leadership & Social Change, Health and Wellness, Media Studies, Technology, Business, and Art, Design & Engineering. Over the course of their time at Summit, students have the opportunity to explore passions across these clusters or to craft a pathway of deep study that may lead to an internship or independent study.In particular, our middle and high schools are interested in teachers who can offer courses in one of the following areas:
- Health Education or Fitness
- Computer Science
- Visual Art or Drama
- Spanish Language/Culture
- STEM Education
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, and the belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Teaching Credential in California, Washington or another US state
- Bachelor’s Degree (a Master’s Degree in Education is preferred, but not required)
- Clear health and background check
- Teaching experience in your subject preferred, but not required
- You want to be a world-class project-based learning teacher
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with mission-aligned, high-performing colleagues. You find positivity in shared successes.
- You’re excited to teach Summit’s common curriculum and assessment system, which was designed for teachers and by teachers in partnership with learning scientists.
- You care deeply about working in intentionally heterogeneous schools and are ready to support all diverse students to reach a fulfilled life
- You’re eager to engage in professional development and be developed as a practitioner in a network that is committed to continuous improvement.
- You have a growth mindset and see feedback as a positive
- You are passionate about serving as a mentor and advocate for a group of students that you’ll follow year to year. You’re open to having hard conversations to support students.