Middle School Special Education Teacher (mild/mod and mod/sev)
Roosevelt Middle School is a dynamic public middle school that is breaking out of the factory model of education to build a learning community that empowers all students to be creative community leaders. We focus on delivering student outcomes in three main areas: a strong academic foundation, 21st century skills, and a community ethic. To achieve these outcomes, our strategies focus on personalized learning, educating the whole child, and real-world application.For the 2020-21 school year, we are looking for energetic special education teachers (autism, and mild/mod) who enjoy creative a safe and positive learning environment for students and pushes students to reach high levels of academic achievement.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a positive culture in the classroom.
- Maintain positive relationships with other staff.
- Motivate students to grow and succeed.
- Achieve demonstrable growth in student academic skills.
- Problem solve with colleagues on any issues that arise with students.
- College credits in math
- Track record of being professional (punctual, consistent, efficient)
- Positive and solution-oriented
- CA Credential in any subject (single or multiple subject)
- Language skills in Spanish, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Arabic