The Associate Teacher is a critical member of the teaching staff at Rocketship. Associate Teachers lead small group instruction, classroom coverage as needed, and assessments. The Associate Teacher is designed as a pathway to develop the skills to deliver high quality instruction as a Humanities or STEM Teacher at Rocketship and Associate Teachers partner with experienced Rocketship teachers to support their development. This position is contingent on term-limited supplemental funding and will be reassessed annually.This role reports either to the Principal or to an Assistant Principal.Essential Functions:
- Support a classroom culture of excellence and deliver rigorous instruction by building content expertise in humanities or STEM that is captured in units of study and daily plans.
- Engage in cycles of data driven instruction to inform planning and personalize instruction to student needs.
- Collaborate with special education staff so students identified as needing extra support are meaningfully included.
- Build authentic relationships with families beginning with home visits that form the foundation for frequent ongoing communications to support student success.
- Engage with families on academic and behavioral goals and transparently share student progress so that both parents and teachers own each child's successes and challenges.