Become A Teacher & Make A Difference – Apply for the Marshall Teacher Residency: APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 1st!
At the Marshall Teacher Residency, we believe student-centered learning is the first step toward more equitable schools. We know that change starts by investing in the training and development of America’s future educators: YOU.Do you:
- Believe that all students can be successful?
- Want to build meaningful relationships with diverse students?
- Embrace an innovative approach to teaching and learning?
- Commit to learning and growing as an anti-racist educator?
- Clinical Practice: Four days a week, Residents learn alongside an experienced Cooperating Teacher, engaging students in deeper learning projects, developing student habits and skills that lead to success, and nurturing a strong sense of classroom community.
- Project-Based Curriculum: One day a week, Residents engage in their own learning experiences and coursework, led by the program faculty, using a project-based curriculum that is competency-based, self-directed, and student-centered. Residents collaborate with a diverse cohort of future teachers and engage in critical conversations about equity and inclusion.
- Professional Development and Support: Residents receive consistent support from a team of professional educators, working to meet the individual needs of each Resident while building coherence between the coursework and the school site experience.
- Affordable tuition and a living stipend during the year of the program
- A California Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential upon completion of the program
- Priority in the hiring process at our partner schools
- The option to pursue a one year Master’s in Education upon completion of the program
- Submit resume
- A response to a short answer prompt
- A copy (unofficial is fine at this point in the process) of your undergraduate transcript.
- The phone numbers & email addresses for three (3) professional references we can contact.