Leadership Public Schools is seeking applicants interested in teaching physics at the LPS Hayward Campus for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
About our organization:Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has been recognized for closing the achievement gap and fostering a culture of innovation. LPS values the role teachers play in supporting student achievement and personal development. Our teachers value collaboration, celebrate diversity in perspective and background, take risks, and show flexibility to continuously improve instruction and student learning. If you are an innovative Chemistry teacher who inspires students -We would like to meet you!
- B.A. or B.S required; Master’s Degree desirable
- Two or more years of teaching experience, particularly in a school serving low-income students and students of color
- Appropriate CA Teaching credential with EL authorization (strongly preferred)
- Commitment to achieving equitable educational outcomes with strong cultural competency and cross-cultural communication skills
- Deep content knowledge and enthusiasm for science within and beyond the classroom
- Experience using assessment and other data to refine curricula and inform instruction
- Evidence of professional reflection and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to leverage educational technology including the Google Suite
- Willingness to participate in shared leadership and student support beyond the classroom
- Comfort working in a charter environment that includes ongoing iteration and flexible roles
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Position:This is a full-time position of 190 days including 8 days of professional development. There are seven optional additional instructional collaboration/ professional development days and many opportunities for stipended curriculum work and teacher leadership.
Compensation:Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Choice of Kaiser or Anthem Healthcare plans
- Vision and dental coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for unreimbursed medical, dependent care
- State Teachers’ Retirement (STRS)
- Option to participate in voluntary benefits: Aflac, Commuter Checks, LifeLock