Physical Education Teacher
About the Role: We need you to support our students and provide great Physical Education to our students. As a physical education teacher, you will join our growing Team and Family.A bit more about you… you have experience teaching Physical Education and you know what good PE instruction looks like for elementary, middle and high school students. You’re ready to work hard and have the passion and drive to work with students in order to put them on a path to college.Here’s what you’ll be doing.
- Extensively plan and implement Physical Education curriculum for the academic year
- Perform daily teaching tasks such as: conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job
- Be a good teammate – work closely with other teachers and team members to create a cohesive school culture of success and family
- Collaborate with other teachers on your campus and across network to determine and execute best practices in the classroom.
- Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
- Facilitate guided reading, reading level assessments and other campus-wide initiatives
- A minimum of one year of teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Phenomenal classroom management skills.
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- Desire to be part of a team of committed arts educators.
- The ability to be flexible in a new school environment where things change all the time Need more reasons to work here?