Math Teacher at Gateway High School – Begins January 2021
Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- A faculty who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- Teach three blocks of interactive, Common Core-aligned math.
- Collaborate with the department and course team to plan and improve curriculum.
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Current California teaching credential
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
- Contact information for three professional references
- Proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one
- Optional: A lesson plan or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy