Administrative Assistant, San Diego
Galileo is looking for a people-focused, detail-oriented administrative assistant to join our Southern California team. The ideal candidate is an extremely organized and energetic self-starter who thrives on both streamlining and executing a wide range of administrative tasks, while supporting the success of a team. This part-time role is a rare opportunity for anyone who values working in a strong, collaborative environment and wants to learn from and work closely with the leaders of award-winning Galileo programs. Though the role is seasonal, there is potential to evolve into a year-round, full-time position.We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.About GalileoWe think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs for kids at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.Schedule20 hours/week; mid-December 2018-June 2019Work LocationSan Diego and Long Beach; the ideal candidate will be able to work in person with our VP of Southern California in San Diego, and travel regularly to our office in Long Beach, and potentially to our camp locations throughout Southern California.Core Requirements
- You can manage a variety of projects and interface with a variety of personalities simultaneously.
- You manage your time well, know how to prioritize, and are meticulous about the details.
- Supporting the success of your teammates is what makes you tick.
- You’re a critical thinker and a servant leader who’s continually looking for the best way to reach a goal.
- You’re deeply accountable and determined to get the job done right—always.
- College graduate, or equivalent combination of work experience and/or education.
- 1 year of experience in an admin/office support capacity and proven ability to execute discretion, tact, and calm under pressure.
- Strong command of Microsoft and Google Suites, and the ability to learn new systems quickly; experience using Salesforce a plus.
- Warm, welcoming, and professional attitude and disposition, with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.