College Completion Advisor – (San Francisco)
Position OverviewThe College Completion Advisor is responsible for supporting students in owning their college experience and ensuring that 70% of College Track students graduate with a bachelor’s degree within six years. The ideal candidate is a motivated, hard-working individual with experience advising, influencing and managing first-generation college students.Primary Responsibilities:Manage a caseload of college students to achieve the following:
- Student Transition Support: In collaboration with the College Completion Director, provide individualized support and create college transition plans for high school seniors to ensure students matriculate to college.
- Academic Achievement: Review student data consistently. Provide direct coaching and utilize motivational interviewing techniques to ensure students make behavioral changes that lead to health and success and ultimately, are on track to graduate. Whenever possible, refer students to appropriate non-College Track resources (e.g. financial aid office, mental health center, tutoring program, etc).
- College Affordability: Support students in graduating from college with manageable debt. Ensure students apply for and receive all available financial aid and scholarships.
- Future Opportunities: Serve as a resource to students by connecting them to career and leadership development opportunities.
- 1-2 years of experience advising and supporting first-generation college student
- Holds the highest expectations for students. Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing students. Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship building with students and families
- Strong sense of possibility; approaches new challenges with optimism.
- Reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self accountable and produces quality work consistently
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
- Minimum 4-year college degree