College Completion Advisor
Position OverviewThe College Completion Advisor is responsible for supporting students in owning their college experience and ensuring that 70% of College Track students graduate with a bachelor’s degree and social mobility opportunities within six years. The ideal candidate is a motivated, hard-working, organized individual with experience advising, influencing, and managing first-generation college students.Primary Responsibilities Include:Manage a caseload of college students to achieve the following:
- Academic Achievement: Review student data consistently. Provide direct coaching to ensure students know academic requirements and make behavioral changes necessary to graduate in four to six years. Whenever possible, refer students to appropriate external or campus resources.
- College Affordability: Support students in graduating from college with manageable debt. Ensure students apply for and receive all available financial aid and scholarships.
- Future Opportunities: Serve as a resource to students by connecting them to career and leadership development opportunities.
- Social Emotional Wellness: Guide students towards integration in their campus community, good physical and mental health, and healthy relationships. Whenever possible, refer students to appropriate external or campus resources.
- Data Entry & Analysis: Input and review student data consistently and use collected student data to recognize trends and inform advising.
- Student Transition Support: Collaborate with the College Completion team to provide individualized support and implement transition plans for high school seniors to ensure they matriculate to college.
- High School Programming: Provide limited support to other high school programming as assigned by the College Completion Director, including co-leading high school workshops, programming, and college tours.
- Budgeting Support: Collect and provide student and family financial information necessary for budgeting and awarding College Track's need-based scholarships.
- Scholarship Distribution: Act as a liaison between students and College Track National to distribute funds to students and colleges.