Vice President of People- National (Oakland)
Position OverviewWe are seeking an professional, dynamic, hands-on, collaborative, self-motivated leader to join us as our Vice President of People and to serve as our human capital expert and people advocate within the organization. The Vice President of People is responsible for setting the vision, strategy, and implementation of all people-related activities, including overseeing the implementation of the new four year strategic plan as it pertains to the investment and support of our people.The Vice President of People provides strategic and values-driven leadership as the driving force in culture, leadership development, and proactive workforce planning. S/he works closely with senior leaders to identify and implement key strategic organizational and operational projects. Reporting directly to the Chief Finance and Operating Officer, the Vice President of People will lead a growing team and oversee organizational and talent development, employee experience, and talent acquisition functions.Primary Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the national leadership team and function as the human capital expert and advocate for the organization.
- Serve as a strategic advisor, functional expert, and thought partner to our leaders and teams across the organization regarding all people-related activities within each of the three areas: talent acquisition, organizational and talent development, and employee experience.
- Provide expertise in motivating, developing, and retaining people across the organization.
- Drive enhancements to our culture and meet our ever-growing talent requirements in support of College Track’s growth plan, strategic direction and mission impact.
- Lead, develop, organize, manage and evolve People function which includes workforce design and planning; culture; Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI); organizational and talent development; succession management and planning; performance management; compensation; on/off-boarding; total rewards; HR systems and policies; employee relations; and talent acquisition.
- Develop and execute strategies that tangibly improve the effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy and overall results of critical talent management and human resource systems.
- Using qualitative and quantitative data and metrics, develop the departmental and human capital scorecards to inform priorities related to national and regional talent acquisition, talent development, employee engagement, employee retention, and management capacity building and accountability.
- Ensure the People department is a high functioning, strategic, and service-minded team that partners with leaders to provide organizational, culture-building, and workforce support.
- Manage and coach team on growth & development of key competencies to ensure team and individual success on individual goals & development.