Director of Employee Experience
Position OverviewWe are seeking an energetic and passionate Director of Employee Experience responsible for managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle. The Director will own all people processes related to workforce planning, compensation, employee onboarding/ off-boarding, hiring/benefits, performance management, employee relations, policies, systems, reporting, and people analytics. S/he will deeply inform other aspects (talent acquisition, talent development, DEI, etc.) of the organization’s people strategy.The Director of Employee Experience will manage a team and reports directly to the Vice President of People.Employee Experience Expertise:
- Provide depth of knowledge and understanding of employee life cycle processes and programs, data and analytics, and employment law and practices.
- Bring best practice expertise and ideas to improve and streamline processes, procedures and programs for operational excellence and efficiency.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for managing the employee lifecycle, including workforce planning, onboarding/offboarding, performance management, benefits, compensation and employee relations.
- Partner with DEI programs for talent. Partner with Organizational/Talent Development on retention processes for critical and high risk positions. Partner with Talent Acquisition on workforce planning (i.e. functional recruiting strategy/talent needs).
- Regularly assess and report on employee morale with a focus on continuous improvement, constantly seeking opportunities to better support employees and foster their professional development while supporting positive employer/employee relationships that promote a high level of morale, motivation and retention.
- Provide leadership and partner with functional leaders to implement people policies, programs and practices including workforce planning, on-boarding, employee relations, talent management, diversity, compensation, training, benefits and performance management. Execute strategies that tangibly improve the effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy and overall results of people systems.
- Identify and recommend new and best-in-class employee policies, programs or practices that meet the business needs and support company values.
- Ensure the highest level of data management and accuracy in all talent systems. This includes developing talent reporting and measurement tools to track talent performance. Report out quarterly talent metrics.
- Own compliance and risk management related to People in close partnership with legal and finance. Serve as an expert in advising on complex employee relations matters.
- Ensure the Employee Experience is a high functioning, strategic, and service-minded team that partners with leaders for organizational, culture, and workforce support.
- Manage and coach team on growth & development of key competencies to ensure team and individual success on individual goals & development.