Founding Academic Affairs Director – Los Angeles
Position OverviewThe mission of the Academic Affairs Director role is to ensure the high academic achievement of all College Track students so they matriculate to and graduate with a bachelor’s degree within six years. Additionally, this position is responsible for implementing a high quality Academic Affairs program, managing the Academic Affairs budget, partnering with school staff to best serve students, and effectively managing full time and part-time staff members to achieve site goals.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Program Development and Implementation: Lead, design and implement high quality academic programs that result in significant gains in GPA, ACT and math readiness. Successfully implement programs and services including tutoring, summer programming, case management and ACT preparation. Individual Student Planning and Monitoring: Assess student data continuously and provide meaningful interventions to ensure that students are on track to graduate from high school and thrive in a four-year college.
- Staff Management: Hire, manage and develop a team of full-time and part-time employees who are highly effective in achieving site goals.
- High School and Community Outreach and Engagement: Develop strong and formalized partnerships with schools, district, families and community partners that result in additional resources for our students and improvements to our program model. Keep abreast of emerging trends and practices within the education landscape and community, and understand impact on our students.
- Financial and Resource Management: Manage the Academic Affairs program budget. Develop and oversee academic resources, including tutoring support, ACT preparation, workshop instruction, academic advising, student case management, and support for the college admission process.
- Projects as assigned by the Site Director.