Operations Managers are highly disciplined, efficient and organized. They develop and implement systems, structures and plans for site operations in a way that brings order and a sense of stability to the team and program participants. The Operations Manager role is to be nimble, able to remain focused and composed in the face of shifting and competing demands and ambiguity, while balancing student/family support and monitoring, with traditional administrative, operations and facilities management. Working in concert with the Site Director, Operations Managers exercise judgement and confidence to identify and elevate potential barriers to site success, while leveraging influence and organizing capacity in order to mobilize collaborative action, achieve goals, foster cooperation and promote compliance.
- Lead and Manage Site Operations: Successfully manage the day-to-day site operations, including office management, technology, facilities, event coordination, site safety, and vehicles. Direct and manage part-time and volunteer operations staff. Coordinate with full-time staff, part-time staff and volunteers across program departments. Manage front desk administration and facility projects including oversee the inventory of supplies. Serve as the central point of contact for technology inventory and work with the IT consultant to address technology needs. Also manage the use of College Track vehicles for transporting students home and to field trip destinations.
- Manage the Administration of Finance, Human Resources and Payroll: Support the Site Director with finance and accounting by gathering, analyzing, and reporting necessary data. This includes tracking and processing invoices and reimbursements for staff and vendors. Support site supervisors with employee onboarding, orienting them to sitewide policies and act as an HR and payroll liaison for all employees and volunteer staff.
- Oversee Data Monitoring and Reporting: Manage the tracking and reporting of student recruitment and enrollment. Update student contact and attendance records on an ongoing basis using student databases. Synthesize data to elevate insights and trends.
- Manage Student Scheduling and Attendance: Coordinate across departments to conduct planning meetings and complete workshop and enrollment templates. Implement and maintain schedules within Salesforce by partnering with site leadership and students. Train staff and students on attendance policy and procedures, holding them accountable to org-wide expectations and providing individualized/site-wide interventions, when necessary.
- Support Student Recruitment: Partner with Site Director in the annual student recruitment process through delivering presentations aimed at identifying and recruiting prospective students and overseeing the record keeping process.
- Student and Family Engagement: Foster productive relationships with students and families.
- Support enrollment and student success by ensuring that attendance policy is enacted sitewide, executing intervention and incentive processes, and analyzing sitewide attendance trends to identify potential need for program change.
- New/Special Projects: Additional projects, including event planning logistics, as assigned by the Site Director.