Operations Manager – East Palo Alto
Position OverviewThe Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all site operations function efficiently and effectively. This position will manage the day-to-day of site operations and the administration of finance, human resources and payroll. Additionally, s/he will oversee data reporting and monitoring at the site level and support the Site Director in student recruitment. This is a critical role in ensuring effective site operations so that the team can best serve students every day.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and Manage Site Operations: Successfully manage the day-to-day of site operations including office management, technology, facilities and vehicles. This position will manage front desk administration, oversee the inventory of supplies, project manage facility projects, serve as the central point person for managing the inventory of technology and will work with the IT consultant to address technology needs. S/he will also manage the use of College Track vehicles for transporting students home and to field trip destinations.
- Manage the Administration of Finance, Human Resources and Payroll: Support the Site Director with budget development by gathering, analyzing and reporting necessary data; track and process invoices and reimbursements for staff and vendors. Support site supervisors with employee onboarding and orientation; act as an HR and payroll liaison for all employees and volunteer staff.
- Oversee Data Monitoring and Reporting: Serve as the in-house Salesforce expert and ensure the tracking and reporting of student attendance. Maintain site dashboards and update information on an ongoing basis using student databases.
- Support Student Recruitment: Assist the Site Director in the annual student recruitment process including delivering presentations aimed at identifying and recruiting prospective students and overseeing the record keeping process.
- New/Special Projects: Additional projects as assigned by the Site Director.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience managing the operations for an organization, program or school
- Skilled at managing self; reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self accountable and produces quality work consistently.
- Skilled at communicating and managing vertically and horizontally. Effective at being able to work across the organization, through influence, to achieve goals
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to create efficient systems for completing work Basic aptitude and strong appetite to learn data and technology systems. Experience with Microsoft
- Office Suites required. Experience with Salesforce or other databases, preferred
- Minimum 4-year college degree