Academic Affairs Director
Position OverviewThe mission of the Academic Affairs Director role is to ensure the high academic achievement of all College Track students so they matriculate to and graduate with a bachelor’s degree within six years. Additionally, this position is responsible for implementing a high quality Academic Affairs program, managing the Academic Affairs budget, partnering with school staff to best serve students, and effectively managing full time and part-time staff members to achieve site goals.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Program Development and Implementation: Lead, design and implement high quality academic programs that result in significant gains in GPA, ACT and math readiness. Successfully implement programs and services including tutoring, summer programming, case management and ACT preparation.
- Individual Student Planning and Monitoring: Assess student data continuously and provide meaningful interventions to ensure that students are on track to graduate from high school and thrive in a four-year college.
- Staff Management: Hire, coach, manage and develop a team of full-time and part-time employees who are highly effective in achieving site goals.
- High School and Community Outreach and Engagement: Develop strong and formalized partnerships with schools, district, families and community partners that result in additional resources for our students and improvements to our program model. Keep abreast of emerging trends and practices within the education landscape and community, and understand impact on our students.
- Financial and Resource Management: Manage the Academic Affairs program budget. Develop and oversee academic resources, including tutoring support, ACT preparation, workshop instruction, academic advising, student case management, and support for the college admission process.
- Projects as assigned by the Site Director.
- Minimum 3-5 years of teaching and/or assisting high school students to excel academically; history of driving significant gains in student achievement.
- Holds the highest expectations for students. Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing students. Strong interpersonal skills and has an empathetic approach to challenging conversations.
- Experience navigating and achieving strong student results in urban public education systems.
- Experience in hiring, coaching and developing talent. Creates the conditions for staff to learn, grow and do their work with ever increasing excellence.
- Skilled at relationship building with students, families and schools. Builds relationships and communicates in ways that foster trust, value differences and further College Track’s mission.
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
- Manages people, project and oneself to achieve excellent results and expand organizational impact.
- Skilled at analyzing student data and developing targeted interventions.
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Ability to work 11:00 AM-7:00 PM Monday-Friday