Learning Center Associate Director – Math
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team, through our online school, learning centers, textbooks, and online learning systems.The AoPS Academy learning center in Santa Clara, CA is currently seeking an outstanding Associate Director of Math. The Santa Clara Academy is one of our fastest-growing campuses, already hitting over 1300 student enrollments in less than two years of operation. We are seeking an eager individual with an expert background in math and teaching, along with the pedagogical instincts to coach other teachers and the communication skills to build strong relationships with parents and community members.About the Position AoPS Academy Associate Directors wear many different hats. Every day is different and exciting. This might be a good fit for you if you are a confident and effective communicator, capable of building strong relationships with teachers, parents, and community members. You have previously taken on leadership roles and are still building on your management experience. You are eager to learn new things and assist the Campus Director in whatever tasks are needed, including:
- Teaching math classes on a weekly basis
- Hiring, training, and managing part-time teachers and office staff
- Assisting with the logistical operations of running a campus
- Meeting with current and prospective families
- Responding to parent emails and phone calls
- Building community partnerships and connections
- Attending outreach events
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Teaching experience required; primary/secondary experience preferred.
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with both students and parents.
- Interest in growing management experience.