Are you ready to have a bigger impact in your professional life? Are you inspired by the challenge of closing the college degree gap in the communities that need us most? Are you ready to make sure that every Alpha alumni is successful on their journey through college?As Alpha’s Alumni Advisor you will work closely with Alpha’s college students to support them to complete college - and you will play a pivotal role in continuing to develop Alpha’s model for working with alumni. Our work in supporting alumni is at a critical moment – you will be fiercely entrepreneurial while building the structures and systems that will support further scaling. You will play a major role in Alpha’s goal of having 75% of alumni graduate from college.You stand out by:
- Building relationships with students: Gaining the trust and confidence of students with widely ranging academic skills and habits and their families.
- Teaching problem solving and grit: Teaching students to overcome academic, financial, and other obstacles to college completion, so that at the end of one to two years working with you they can handle key challenges on their own.
- Using data to decide who and how to support: We track a few key data points together that we believe are lead indicators of student success in college - you will be responsible for student progress on these data points. You use data to understand challenges, set goals, and differentiate support for students.
- Maintaining a positive, nurturing presence: This work is challenging and emotional - you’ll need to be the anchor for students in times of stress.
- Coaching and developing others: You understand the power of one-on-one conversations to help others learn and grow. You will spend most of your day working with students to overcome the challenges they experience as first-generation low-income college students.
- Being genuine, humble, and passionate