School Counselor Intern Supervisor
ACE: Grow, Everyone, Every Day.The mission of ACE Charter Schools is to serve struggling students by working with them to “gain the skills and will” to succeed at ACE schools, college, and beyond. ACE strategically recruits students and families to its three middle schools and one high school that feel disengaged and are falling behind academically. As a result, 91% of our students are considered low-income, 20% of students qualify for special education services, and 50-60% are classified as English-Learners. Our mission demands an equity mindset - we recruit, develop and promote diverse staff. As a result, 74% of our teachers and 70% of our leaders identify as people of color.After 12 years, our model is seeing results: 100% of the ACE High School seniors meet a-g eligibility requirements for CSU/UC compared with 35% across the state.Our relationship-driven, community-focused approach is embodied in our motto: “Grow, Everyone, Every Day.” As Irene Moran Iboa, parent and ACE board member, commented, “The journey at ACE has been one of (re) discovering the significance of generosity and humility in being a leader and the power of audacity and integrity in making dreams come true. ACE not only just changed my kids’ life, but it changed mine. Now I know that my kids can have a better future and attend a college or university [because of ACE].”Position SummaryWe are looking for an experienced and empathetic School Counselor PPSC to mentor our School Counselor interns! You will be providing direct coaching support for 1-8 PPSC Interns, providing aligned support according to the credentialing program curriculum. This role reports to the Director of Student Services.ResponsibilitiesDevelop Intern Talent
- Coach Counseling Interns weekly, according to their credentialing program curriculum.
- Celebrate the interns’ strengths and identify their highest leverage growth areas.
- Provide guidance to the intern on relationship building, executive functioning, prioritizing, and clinical approaches.
- Provide “just in time” support whenever necessary
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all stakeholders.
- Maintain a growth mindset with all stakeholders.
- Maintain the unwavering belief in the extraordinary potential of every student.
- Work with the intern to support a learning environment where students have ample opportunity to develop resilience, personal agency, and a commitment to their learning and their future.
- Interface with school leadership/site support person as needed.
- Talk, hear and communicate with both adults and children
- Use hands or fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds and climb ladders
- In terms of vision, have close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time while teaching in-person and/or virtual courses.
- $50 per hour, 1-8 hours per week
- Opportunity to participate in ACE professional development and events.