Join ACE: Where Students Realize Their Extraordinary Potential
Since 2008, ACE has operated charter schools serving 5th-12th grade students in East San Jose with one goal: our students will confidently choose to attend and graduate from college. 98% of our graduates will be the first in their family to attend college.
ACE is the only charter school in California that strategically recruits students and families that have been left behind by the current education system. With support from the Community Outreach Team, ACE is committed to re-engage families with the ACE school model through grassroots community organizing. As a result, 92% of our students are considered low-income and 50% are classified as English-Learners. 20% of ACE students qualify for Special Education services compared to 10-12% in neighborhood schools.
ACE students are considered to be performing below grade-level. At ACE, we understand that growth takes time. It may take multiple years to see the academic performance that will put students on the college-track. ACE is truly a 5th grade through college model and we take time to celebrate growth along the way. After 10 years, the ACE model is beginning to see results. 95% of the ACE High School Class of 2016 have persisted to their 2nd year of college
. Many ACE alumni
are eager to return to ACE and share their stories with the next generation of ACE student.
ACE Charter High School is searching for an Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction. You are an integral part of the leadership team at the High School - influencing academics as well as school culture.
- Maintain the unwavering belief in the extraordinary potential of every student.
- Maintain a growth mindset with all stakeholders.
- Build authentic relationships with students and families and assist
- Observe, coach and evaluate teachers’ practice on a weekly basis to ensure maximum student achievement where students carry the cognitive load.
- Implement student engagement system (Positive Behavior Intervention Supports - PBIS) in collaboration with the Dean of Students.
- Provide instructional resources and lead professional development for teachers in collaboration with the principal.
- Collaborate with the Principal to set school-wide goals and hold the team accountable to reaching those goals.
- Analyze data (ACT benchmarks, ANET, SBAC) to identify instructional strengths and potential shifts across the school and for individual teachers on their coaching load.
- Coordinates assessments, including finals, midterms, local, state and national testing.
- Build authentic relationships with families in order to help with student recruitment as well as attendance/retention in collaboration with the Director of Family and Community Engagement.
- Collaborates with the Special Education Manager to facilitate a full-inclusion/co-teaching model for Special Education to the greatest extent possible.
- Attend Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings when scheduled by the Learning Specialists.
- Manage and maintain a professional work environment.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Assistant Principal or a classroom teacher with a history of significant gains in student performance
- 2+ years’ experience coaching teachers on instructional practice preferred.
- Experience working with diverse student populations, including ELs and students with disabilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Valid California State Administrative Credential or equivalent and transferable license from another state preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Full health benefits
- CALSTRS retirement plan
How to Apply:
Apply directly online at https://grnh.se/bgc7qfkf2
ACE Charter Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.